Skip to main content

Our "Matching" Story

           We are MATCHED!!! The adoption process so far has been such an incredible experience for Nate and I. A lot of people have been asking me how everything happened, so I thought it would be fun to tell the story of how we got matched. Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the term "matched" this means that we have been chosen by an expectant mother to become the adoptive parents of her child. It is a very exciting step! :) Also, out of respect for the expectant mother's privacy, we will not be giving any identifying information, so please don't be offended if you ask us a question and we choose not to answer.
The best Christmas gift I could have ever dreamed of.
        About a month a half ago, we received a message from an expectant mother. We had already spoken with a few other expectant mothers and while they were all amazing, something felt different as we spoke with this expectant mother. The conversation flowed easily and we had a lot in common. Nate and I both told each other that we felt like this might be the right match for us. On November 11th we got a call from our case worker and she said that the expectant mother whom we had been speaking with had chosen us and then asked if we would like to begin the matching process. I ran to Nate's work on my lunch break to tell him the exciting news and we called our case worker to tell her that we felt great about everything and that we wanted to move forward with matching. Our case worker invited us to come to the agency to sign the paperwork and we called the expectant mom to formally ask her to be matched with us. I probably sounded like the most awkward person ever as I asked her, but she excitedly said, "I was hoping you were going to ask that!"
This was the day we were matched with our sweet expectant mama. :) 
        The next thing we did was schedule a time to travel to meet her. A couple weeks later we found ourselves in an adorable diner with her and her mom. I had been really nervous to meet her because I was worried she would change her mind, but as soon as we started talking, it was like we had been friends forever. She is amazing, smart, funny and beautiful and I still can't believe how lucky we are. Her mom was so sweet and you could just tell they are both amazing people. She gave us some ultrasound photos and told us he had been really active that morning. She said she had asked baby boy if it was because he was excited to meet his mommy and daddy. She also asked us if we had picked out a name for him and when we told her the name we really liked, she began calling him by that name. As we hugged goodbye, my heart felt so full of love for her, her mom and the sweet baby boy we all love. It is amazing how people can go from strangers to family so quickly in the adoption world.
Look at that button nose and those lips! He is so adorable!
       Since our meeting, she had a doctors appointment and sent us a recording of baby boy's heartbeat. I balled like a little baby when I heard the strong and steady sound of his heart beating. I have literally listened to the recording multiple times a day since she has sent it to us. It is so crazy to think that in a little over three months, we will be bringing a baby home! We are excited to say the least to be the parents of this handsome boy and he already has me wrapped around his little finger.
       The last four years have been hard. Like really, really hard and it has been difficult for me to not get bitter and angry. I haven't been able to understand why God would put us through the trials we have had. Obviously everyone is going to go through trials, but I just felt like we had been picked on to be honest. As we have gotten further into the adoption process however, I feel like this is what we have been prepared for. Our struggles have opened our eyes and our hearts. I miss Hunter, Hazel and our other two babies with all of my heart, but I totally believe they have been busy in Heaven helping get their baby brother here and that they are just as excited as we are. There is no doubt in my mind that this is exactly how Heavenly Father wants us to build our family. We still can't believe how quickly everything has come together after deciding to adopt and we are so grateful to every single person who has helped us by spreading the word, donating, and supporting us as we have been on this great adventure. Thank you so much for making this incredible opportunity possible for us. You are all so amazing and we send of our love and we wish you a very Merry Christmas!


Comments

  1. I am so happy for you kids. I'll be waiting for the Facebook message that he has arrived at your house. God bless. May Father in Heaven keep on watching over you. Love - - -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you grandma Tenney!!! There will be a Facebook message for you the day he comes home! We love you!

      Delete
    2. Kristina did not tell me this!!! Congratulations you two. You must be over the moon. Did you know Kristinas younger sister is adopted? Every story is so amazing. We are thrilled for you both!
      Sue Lambrix

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Again

Wednesday June 22 nd My heart sank as I watched the ultrasound screen. I could tell something was wrong. When I had a 13-week ultrasound with Hunter, he was flipping around and kicking like crazy. He moved so much it was hard to get a clear photo of him. This time our little girl was completely still. Maybe she was asleep. Please, just let her be asleep. I tried to look for the flicker of her heartbeat, yet I couldn’t see anything. The ultrasound tech got a measurement and she was measuring a little small. I could feel my chest tightening and I could hear the sound of my own heartbeat pounding in my ears. I prayed our baby girl would move, but she stayed still.   The ultrasound tech looked at me and softly said she was going to go get the doctor. I knew what that meant and it wasn’t good. The doctor came into the room and confirmed I was having another miscarriage. The room felt like it was spinning. I prayed frantically, begging God to not let this be true. Please just let this be

The Grieving Mother

You see me and I smile. You ask me how I am and I put on a brave face and tell you I am well, even if I’m not. A part of me wishes that I could show you a glimpse of the pain and love I feel, just so you could understand why I will never “get over it”. You would see memories that I play and replay, forever wondering if there was something I could have done to change the outcome-If there was something I could have done to save the lives of my children. If you could have a moment in my shoes, you would feel the aching of my empty arms and the overwhelming sorrow that I feel everyday, being the mom to four angels. If I could give you a peek into my life, you would feel the pain and disbelief as I remember the day I found out I was having a miscarriage for the first time. You would see my second pregnancy come to a devastating end at nineteen weeks and the day I gently placed my son in a casket, kissed his head and slowly closed the lid, knowing that was the last time I would see his

Keegan Wayne Madsen

The Call I startled awake at the sound of my phone ringing loudly. It was 3:10 a.m. and my heart jumped when I saw the name on the screen. It was Shannon's mom. Shannon is Keegan's amazing birth mom. I answered the call as excitement built in my chest at the sound of her voice. "It's time hun! We are on our way to the hospital now." Nate and I bolted out of bed and changed quickly. Nate's parents were visiting us, so we let them know the news and ran out the door. Our son was on his way! It's Baby Time! We arrived at the hospital around 5:30 a.m. and greeted Shannon and her mom. Nate's parents met us at the hospital a fews hours later and were able to meet Shannon and her mom for the first time. The next nine hours were filled with lots of talking, laughing, tears and uncertainty. Her labor was progressing regularly, but as her contractions strengthened, the doctor noticed Keegan's heart rate was dropping. They monitored her closely and noted